“I really enjoy having an opportunity to help keep families together”
Umar started his legal career working as a law clerk at Hogan & Vandenberg, but it was in law school that he started to gravitate around immigration law. From working with a civil rights organization right after college to becoming one of our attorneys of counsel, Umar built his experience with Deportation Defense, giving our clients the opportunity of staying together. In addition, he speaks Urdu, Punjabi and basic Arabic.
Umar has a bachelors from Lehigh University, a J.D. from Temple University School of Law, and a M.A. from Hartford Seminary.
- District of Columbia, 2009
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2003
- Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1999
- Major: International Relations and Economics
- American University
- Major: Cairo Studying Arabic
- Major: Islamic Law and Arab History
- "The Impact of Marxism on Islamic Thought"
- Intersection of Islamic Law and International Law, (Co-Author with Professor Henry J. Richardson, III)
Honors and Awards
- Award for his Contribution to Critical Thinking in the Field of International Human Rights Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Muslim Association of Lansdale (AMAL), Co-Founder and Board Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Delaware Valley Muslim Bar Association, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member